Happy Friday! Is it just me, or has it been a slightly exhausting few days? Don’t get me wrong – I’ve had a wonderful week in so many ways, but something just feels off. Maybe it’s the dip in temperatures? Next week, I will be heading to Mexico for a press trip, and it will be just what the doctor ordered. Bring on the sun and sand! While it’s always tough to be away from Chicago, I’m looking forward to spending time with some amazing journalists from around the country.
Today’s post features a staple item in my closet: a cozy ivory sweater. I always buy a new one or two each fall. It’s the perfect grab and go item and so easy to dress up or dress down. The tie-sleeve detail on this sweater was too cute to pass up. Lastly, at the bottom of the post, I’m sharing all of my favorite links from around the web along with my perspective on something incredibly important for all of us.
I want to talk about the #MeToo movement, as it is so essential for all of us to speak up and speak out against sexual harassment and assault. Thank you Jess, Corri, Julia, and so many others for your bravery in sharing your stories. Like all women, I’ve experience sexual harassment – many moments in recent memory. Even when I’m doing blog shoots, men will stop and shout from their cars, “ya baby,” honk, and say other demeaning things out of their windows. It’s gotten to the point that I dread (and avoid) busy intersections, because I get so uncomfortable. It happens ALL THE TIME. Nearly every photo shoot. In other instances (outside of blog stuff), I’ve even had men try to rationalize their behavior with excuses when I vocalize the harassment. To be perfectly clear – it’s never okay!
Style Charade is meant be a positive and safe space. I questioned whether or not even to address this topic since this blog is so focused on fashion, travel and, pretty photos. At the same time, my mission is always to inspire you. If this blog post gives the courage to even one woman speak up and share their story, it’s worth it.
Sending positive vibes to all of you! Here are a few things that made me happy this week:
- Three words – Emerald pleated skirt. Just bought this one.
- Carly’s fall uniform will give you major outfit envy. Perfect from head to toe!
- The perfect pink coat for fall (and it won’t break the bank!)
- Please tell me you’ve seen Grace’s London guide! Her vlog is next level good!
- My all-time fave sweater. No joke! I own three of them in ivory and one in black.
- The Conde Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice awards just came out this week! So excited to stay at one of the resorts on this list later this year. Stay tuned for more!
- Obsessing with the proportions and pop of color in this look by Monica!
- Do we like this trench coat? I envision it with flared jeans and a white shirt. Thoughts?
- Dana explains what bloggers really do – a must-read!
- Gah! This fit and flare dress has my name written all over it!
- Have you seen the feature on Will’s beach house makeover? Can we say dream home?!
- Speaking of travel, yay for Kit being back from Europe! She just shared her Ultimate Chicago Travel Guide which is power packed with great recommendations!
- Living for this bell sleeve top and ruffle skirt! You may see this look on the blog soon
- Carrie’s pink sweater outfit post – perfect for fall!
- Every woman needs a perfect cardigan. This one fits the bill.
- Allie looks chic and refined in houndstooth. Then again – doesn’t she always look fabulous?
- Feeling starry eyed after seeing this ruffle top and this dress.
- Mackenzie’s third edition of her 101 in 1001 list is everything!
- Why pay $10K for the YSL Niki Crystal Boot when you can get this style for under $100? Lol!
- Blair looked so bold and bright in Fendi at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic!
- Gearing up for Halloween? Be sure to read Sam and Ashley’s posts for inspiration and ideas. They’re so creative!
- Julia’s rug is live from one of my fave home retailers. Can we talk about the rose print?
- Nearly lost my mind when I saw Sam’s colorful kitchen reveal.
- One of the event photographers at the Veuve Cliquot Polo Classic emailed me a pic she snapped last weekend. Thank you so much, Thais!
Never miss a post – follow along on Bloglovin’!