Happy Friday, friends! This week has been crazy, and it’s only going to get busier (more on that later). On Wednesday, I had the pleasure of attending an incredible Charlotte Tilbury Nordstrom event at the Michigan Avenue store. After creating the Met Gala looks for Amal Clooney, Selma Hayek, Gabrielle Union, and Kate Upton to name a few, Charlotte flew all of the way to Chicago to host a makeup lesson and personal appearance. Let me tell you, she is DELIGHTFUL! Beyond her flawless skin, she’s the epitome of the word effervescent. High energy, thoughtful, and SO kind. I seriously think she took about 300 selfies with guests! The event was lovely, and it was great to see Anna again!
In addition, Charlotte’s products are phenomenal. I had the pleasure of sitting down with Charlotte Tilbury’s makeup artist, Seth, and he walked me through countless products that I haven’t tried before. I’ve been using her products for a year, but I was thrilled to test some new items to add to my makeup and skincare routine. Case and point? Her Hollywood Flawless Filter for a Superstar Youth Glow. After being inspired by the perfecting lens of social media filters, Charlotte decided to bottle up the glow with this versatile product. It can be used as a primer, foundation or enhancer.
Some fun things we learned at the Charlotte Tilbury Nordstrom Event:
- Meghan Markle’s favorite lipstick shade is this one (“Very Victoria”). Love that!
- This product was inspired by supermodel, Giselle
- The lovely, Giuliana Rancic also attended, and she tried this product – perfect for red carpet appearances. I was amazed at how much it works!
My personal favorites include:
- Charlotte’s Magic Cream Treat & Transform Moisturizer
- The Bigger, Brighter Eyes Palette (especially in Exaggereyes)
- Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara (one of my go-to mascaras!)
- Beach Stick in Moon Beach (so good!)
- Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder (just look at the reviews!)
On another note, I’m heading on a work trip next week to Helsinki, Finland and Zurich, Switzerland! Our team is hosting a group of twelve bloggers (and their guests) for a trip with our airline client, Finnair. The program is to promote their seasonal service from Chicago (ORD) and San Francisco (SFO), their year-round service from New York (JFK) and finally their Stop Over Program (basically where you can spend anywhere from five hours to five days in Helsinki without paying more for your airline ticket).
First, everyone is flying to Helsinki where we’ll spend a few days exploring the city. After that, we’re splitting into four smaller groups and heading to a second destination – Zurich, Catalonia, Rovaniemi and Tallinn. My smaller group consists of Megan, Jenna, Dan and Stacie (along with their guests, John, Matt and David). I’m so excited to spend time with all of them in both Helsinki and Zurich!
Lastly, here are my favorite Friday Charade links from around the web:
In My Shopping Cart
- Hello pretty maxi dress (as I add to cart)!
- Saw this bag in-person, and it’s BEAUTIFUL. The perfect size and ideal colors!
- Um, how chic is this Lilly Pulitzer maxi dress?! Perfect for a daytime summer wedding.
- Just bought this dress for the trip! How gorgeous are these colors?!
- The prettiest floral skirt (and on sale this weekend)!
- These crystal embellished heels are SO good.
- I’ve had my eye on these shoes for a while, but the price tag drives me nuts! This designer dupe does the trick (now I just need to decide between tan or black).
- I’m normally not a fan of this brand’s handbags, but I love the colors in this version!
- Pleated skirts for the win (and both around $100). I love the lilac and pale pink.
Some of my favorite links from around the web
- Mackenzie proves that there’s no such thing as too many ruffles!
- This post by Jocelyn about her first Mother’s Day is so sweet – and how adorable is baby H?!
- Looking to discover all of the best spots for fresh blooms in NYC? Carly has you covered!
- I loved Grace’s throwback post to her first few years in the Big Apple. That post-college/pre-adult time in life is so scary and exciting at the same time!
- This ladylike look on Blair is everything!
- It’s always fun to discover new wines to try – loving all of Lucy’s recommendations.
- Leave it to Becky to make a casual outfit look so elevated and chic!
- The cutest green polka dot look on Monica – obsessed!
- Caroline’s interview with the duo behind Lizzie Fortunato is a must-read.
- Beyond thrilled that Kelly has found her secret weapon, and how incredible is her post from the sand dunes!!!
Recently on Style Charade
- The most Instagrammable places in Scottsdale
- My new favorite embellished fit and flare dress
- A tiered lace mini at the cutest Dallas mural
- Pics from my favorite hotel in Austin
- Florals for spring? Groundbreaking.