Every so often, I have one of those “pinch me” moments. This past week is certainly one of them. For the past five days, I’ve been on a work trip in the Maldives on a $45,000-a-night private island with four other women. This happens to be the second time visiting Coco Privé – and there are no words to explain the extravagance, elegance, and outright extra-ordinariness of it all. From the island team (Andrew, Raj, Coco, Joy, Chef Neel and beyond) to the food and tropical surroundings, the experience and island are priceless. I’ve also enjoyed getting to know Elspeth, Gemma, Kaitlin, and Marlise even better. They are all wonderful, hard-working and insanely talented!
In the midst of it all, I should be on cloud nine and, in most ways, I am. But this particular month, I can’t shake being homesick. I miss my bed, my husband, and just enjoying a simple routine. My home has started to feel more like a hotel room (without housekeeping, sadly). My Peloton sits like a relic in the corner, and my clothes remain strewn in pieces of luggage instead of on shelves. Worst of all, I always feel like I’m letting someone… well, really everyone – down. Letting others down sits with me like a ton of bricks.
I want to spend time with my niece, my dad hasn’t seen me in months, and there are so many friends I want to see and support right now… the list goes on and on.
Trust me – I’m not looking for sympathy, nor am I trying to complain about the opportunity to travel (much less to a private island)! Plus, I don’t want you to sit there and think, “Jenn – stop it right now!” Yes, I know I signed up for this life, but behind the seemingly glamorous Instagram stories and photos, there’s always more to the narrative. It’ll be fine – it always is. The colors of the world are just dimming amidst the crazy schedule and work hours, and I’m ready for some space and time to allow those hues to brighten.
In the end, I want to thank you for all of your sweet comments and encouraging messages. They fuel the fire in me to remain focused and resilient. Alright, enough of this rant! : )
Next up? Dubai! It’s the first time I’ll be visiting the destination (outside previous airport layovers), and I’m looking forward to exploring everything. While I’m ready to get back to Chicago, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I know the trip will be fabulous.
Today’s post is from our weekend in Palm Beach last month. Just before leaving Chicago, this Draper James Dolly gingham shirt dress arrived in the mail. Naturally, I packed it for the weekend with hopes of finding a cute spot for photos. Low and behold, our hotel had a café with delicious snacks AND gingham tablecloths. Win-win! Lastly, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to see all of my favorite links from around the web…
In My Shopping Cart
- Wow, this is a match made in heaven! Meet the newest brand available at Nordstrom. *immediately adds this stripe top to cart*
- Speaking of stripes, this ruffle trim sweater is darling!
- Pretty sure this is the perfect nude pump.
- How chic are these cropped wide leg navy pants? Perfect for work.
- Gearing up for fall wedding season? This floral dress is such a chic option!
- Still not convinced about the headband trend? This brand will have you on board immediately.
- The cutest colorful sweatshirt for fall!
- These white mules are giving me all the Roger Vivier vibes (and without the hefty price tag).
- So much yes to this tie neck blouse. Perfect for a Parisian getaway!
- Looking for a classic gift for the guy in your life? Bob lives in this sweatshirt.
Some of my favorite links from around the web
- Living for Grace in this lovely stripe dress. Beyond chic!
- Love the ways Monica styled this pink maxi dress
- Jess’s post about “the kids question” is a must read.
- How incredible is this power suit on Carrie?!
- Ali‘s just a gal after my own gingham heart, lol!
- Ever wish you lived in a Nancy Meyers movie? Well, Carly will get you one step closer!
- This printed dress is everything on Dana!
- Anh looks amazing as always in this floral dress!
- These pics from Sarah’s trip to Provence look like an absolute dream!
Recently on Style Charade
- These pleats had me at hello!
- My go to duster cardigan for travel and everyday.
- This lightweight yellow dress is SO comfy!
- One of the cutest spots in all of Toronto.
- I love this dress so much, I have it in three colors!
Never miss a post – be sure to follow Style Charade on Bloglovin’!