After a crazy travel schedule the past few weeks – Houston, Miami, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Los Angeles and Detroit – I’m ready (and thankful) for a few days of r&r at home. Bob and I can’t wait to spend time with family over Christmas; granted we will hop on a plane shortly thereafter. But our next trip is our first true vacation in forever. In blogging, there is no such thing as vacation; every trip results in photographing blog content from sunrise to sunset. The process is always so fun, but we haven’t truly stopped in quite some time.
This trip, we’re taking a step back and forcing ourselves to unwind. Plus, we couldn’t pass up on the destination. It’s perfect – quiet, serene, beautiful, and relaxing. In fact, we picked the hotel because of its reputation for great service and design (plus, the property isn’t overly colorful, so I won’t be tempted to create too much blog content, lol). More to come!
A few quick updates from the past few trips…
Las Vegas was a BLAST. My dad and I had the best time! We put our phones away and just caught up on life – discussed what we’ve been up to, fun childhood memories, travel plans for next year, etc. The whole experience was priceless – especially seeing the look on his face at the Beatles LOVE Show. So. Worth. It.
Last weekend, we spent time in Palm Springs and Los Angeles. We stayed at Holiday House on the first night, the cutest boutique hotel designed by Mark D. Sikes. Mark is crazy talented, and I’m a huge fan of his fashion brand, MDS Stripes. The best part of Palm Springs was spending time with Kelly and Fred. Be sure to follow Kelly’s blog here and their social media channels here and here. They are both so creative – you’ll LOVE their content. I’m excited to share a longer post about her home and our get together. Thanks to Kelly for her sweet recap here.
Lastly, here are a few things that made me happy this week:
- LIKEtoKNOW.it released their list of the best selling products in 2017. Bookmark this list!
- Most Purchased Jacket: Morning Suede Moto Jacket
- Need-It Knitwear: Slouchy Tunic
- Dream-Fit Denim: 721 Distressed Jeans
- Most Partied-In Dress: Lace Midi Dress
- Best Bauble: Y-Necklace
- Investment Piece: Gucci Belt
- Mobile Must-Have: PopSocket
- Fitness Face: Flyknit Sneakers
- It Bag: Love Nubuck Crossbody Bag
- Shoe Crush: Split Shaft Booties
- Prettiest Pout: ‘Hot Lips’ Lipstick
- Catt’s blog post is brave and so important. I can’t wait to see what’s next for her.
- These sparkly statement earrings are a must-have for NYE!
- So jealous Kit is in London! Her guide to the Harry Potter play is must-read!
- LOFT is offering 50% off today with the code WRAPITUP. Love this and this!
- Allie styled this plaid dress to perfection (doesn’t she always, though)?
- Speaking of plaid, Carrie’s outfit is amazing. Definitely a must-have look from head to toe!
- I’m kind of digging this dress. Should I get it?
- No holiday season is complete without a visit to the Christkindlemarket. Ashley’s post and photos are adorable!
- One of my all-time fave brands is offering 30% off select sale items with the code EXTRATREAT.
- Grace looks gorgeous in lace! Excited to for her holiday adventures in Cape Cod.
- Obsessed with this lilac sweater! The color is seriously SO perfect.
- How great are these holiday looks by Beth and Danielle? Always love seeing their outfits!
- Pure. Glamour. Dana is looking like a movie star in this gorgeous red coat and NYC scenery.
- I’m bringing this dress with me on vacation – so excited!
- This sweater by Something Navy is all the rave. Adore the emerald version!
- Always enjoy seeing what Nicole is up to.
- Loving these cozy layers on Liz! So cute!
Never miss a post – follow along on Bloglovin’!