This weekend, I’m thrilled to be speaking on a panel discussion at Create & Cultivate Chicago called “Boss Dot Com: Driving Traffic, Monetizing Content and Getting Paid.” A few years ago, I attended my first C&C conference, and it’s an amazing feeling to now be speaking on the main stage!
For the past week, I’ve been working really hard on my talking points to provide tangible takeaways for guests. When you spend money to attend a conference, you want helpful tools and tricks, right? The best events are ones that help you walk away feeling inspired, focused and re-energized for the year ahead. I hope my insights help!
In fact, when the C&C team invited me to speak earlier this year, they offered me several different panel options. This particular topic felt right up my alley because frankly – it scared me. Seriously! It’s a VERY tricky topic with a lot of complex answers. In my humble opinion, I always pick things that scare me and push me out of my comfort zone.
Sure, I’m nervous to speak in front of a large audience – but I know we’re all in the same boat trying to figure out this complex social media/blogosphere together. Thankfully, I’ll be alongside fellow Chicagoans Alaina of The Everygirl and Jennifer Worman of Red Soles Red Wine, in addition to the team behind ShopStyle and Pinterest. The panel is being moderated by Reesa Lake of Digital Brand Architects.
Lastly, I’m beyond thrilled to be partnering with NET-A-PORTER once again! Most recently, I partnered with them for my trip to Bermuda, and they’ll be dressing me for the entire C&C conference. I can’t wait to collaborate with them (their team is positively wonderful). They’ve sent several options, so now I need to pick between a few styles. Stay tuned!
In My Shopping Cart
- My fave twist-front sweater was re-stocked in all sizes (under $50).
- Pretty in pink (and 40% off).
- These gold eye masks were a lifesaver after my 19+ hours of travel.
- Thanks to the fab.fit.fab team for sending their new box!
- Have you seen Nordstrom’s new designer handbag offering? Thrilled for their team!
- Sign me up for this boyfriend cardigan (love the silver grey)
- This colorblock sweater sold out so fast, but it’s back! Shop quickly, though!
- How great is this pink coat? Perfect for fall/winter.
- I considered this chiffon dress and this sparkly option for the C&C Speaker’s Dinner. I love the sparkly option paired with this headband
Some of my favorite links around the web
- Have you seen Crazy Rich Asians? If not, please go see and support the movie! I loved reading this article about the film’s director reaching out to Coldplay.
- I’m really getting into Enneagrams. Bob and I researched our types in Nantucket, and we were barreled over laughing so hard at how close our descriptions are how we’re wired. I’m a three. Have you taken the test? What are you?
- Grace always keeps it real. Mercury must be in retrograde indeed, my friend.
- If I ever need a party to be planned, this lady will be my first phone call.
- Lavender never looked more beautiful! These photos are epic, Allie!
- During my trip to the Maldives, a few journalists on the trip mentioned they are obsessed with this writer. Read her article about the Royal Wedding – it makes me want to be a better writer!
- 21 ways to style a blazer? Sign me up.
- Elle’s contributions to Dana’s blog always make me smile. Loving her Instagram picks!
- How to prepare for NYFW. Thanks Monica for the amazing tips!
Recently on Style Charade
- Palm prints, please! This chiffon maxi dress is the ideal addition to any closet.
- My new go-to designer handbag line. Rooting for them and the CFDA Awards!
- Colorful plaid print that’s perfect for fall. Add a button-down underneath or layer a cardigan to bring the look into the new season.
- Kimonos have never really been on my radar. But this style made me think twice!
- A new fringe bag and ruffle dress. The best combo!