After a few fun-filled days in Mexico with some phenomenal people (Liz, Carrie, Liz, Mari and Monica, and my colleague, Melanie), I headed home slightly early to attend to some personal matters. Life has a way of throwing you curve balls, especially when you least expect it. This week was no different, and while I won’t delve into the situation, please send good vibes.
That said, I’m incredibly appreciative of these invaluable work experiences. The PR agency I’ve had the privilege of working at for nearly ten years never ceases to amaze me. I am honored to work with my boss (and a company) that gives employees once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. And I’m not alone!
While I was in Mexico, other agency employees were in Finland and El Salvador. While I was in Grenada, another colleague was in Mexico. It’s a joy to see our team travel the world! Anyways, I don’t say it enough – but a huge thank you to our agency’s president for allowing me and others to see the world. Furthermore, thank you to Bob for supporting this “live out of a suitcase” lifestyle.
After all, traveling is not for the faint of the heart. In fact, traveling was a popular subject this week at most of our dinners. Several of the moms asked me how I manage the work/life/blog balance. I explained that in some ways – this blog is my “baby” – except it doesn’t need naps, bottles, a change of diapers, car pool, etc. It doesn’t spit up, talk back (well, maybe the server sometimes), cry, etc.
Moms are heroes, warriors, saints and everything in between! I am in awe of how moms balance it all (with grace, style, humility and honesty). So for all those who ask, “how do you balance it all?” The answer is simple – we don’t have kids! So, to all you moms out there (including those I spent time with this week), you are AMAZING. I don’t know how YOU do it. You truly have the most important job in the world.
Anyway, I’m heading to London tonight with my friend, Kit! Bob was originally planning on flying out for a long weekend, but he had to cancel due to a family emergency. Since I need to be there for work next week, I had less flexibility to change my flight. When I told Kit, I joked and said “Hey! Want to come with me to London this weekend?” Within minutes, she booked a flight, emailed places for us to visit in London, and sent ideas for things we could do. Come on! Such a great friend. Be sure to checkout her guides to London – they’re amazing!
Kit is seriously one of my favorite people. One who drops everything to help, support and go above and beyond – even when I don’t deserve it. She seriously came through for me and Bob this week, and I’m so thankful for our friendship and to have her (and her husband Charles) in our lives!
Stay tuned for our trip! We have some fun things planned. Lastly, be sure to send positive thoughts, prayers, and good vibes to Bob’s family.
In My Shopping Cart
- Alright, just take all of my money, Saloni. This emerald gown and sequin number? Dead.
- Did you miss out on this striped sweater? Thank goodness for similar style.
- Wish I had these sandals in Mexico! I’ll be wearing these on repeat during warm vacations!
- Allie styles this popular striped dress so well!
- Tibi brought back their amazing silk faille midi skirts. I want both colors!
- I think I found my New Year’s Eve outfit. So good!
- Need this sequin skirt in my life. Perfect for a dose of holiday sparkle.
- This lentil soup recipe looks positively divine! Ashley knows her stuff!
- Anna shares her favorite neighborhood spots in Chicago. Bookmark this post stat!
- Adore this fall floral look from Thamaar!
- Just learned about this beautiful accessories brand, and obsessed with this red/pink bag.
- Teddy bear coats are all the rage this season. Loving this cropped version, though!
Some of my Favorite Links from Around the Web
- Annoyed with the Instagram algorithm? Dana delves into the “grid” and other IG tips!
- Grace found the perfect dress for desk to drinks!
- Anh looks ethereal in winter white! I want this entire look.
- I died when I saw Carly + Carly post about their parent trap costumes. Too good!
- Speaking of clever Halloween costumes, I was OBSESSED with Sarah + Kiel’s idea. Bob and I may need to try this next year!
- Lyndsey shares a brand she’s loving lately (and I couldn’t agree more)!
- Fashion blogging isn’t all things glamour. Carrie delves into the struggles of all things style.
- Red and pink is always a good idea! Love this styling, Blair!
- Mackenzie makes a serious case for reupholstering old furniture. This chair is gorgeous!
- Hayet looking like a goddess in leopard print!
Recently on Style Charade
- Styling a black and white bow-front jumpsuit for fall
- Four ways to wear this gorgeous gold jacquard gown
- The perfect pink midi dress for fall
- Love this gorgeous floral dress (and my favorite pink wall)
- You need this LBD in your life
Find all of my favorite murals, street art, and colorful walls in my Los Angeles Wall Charades Guide!
Follow Style Charade on Bloglovin’!