New York Fashion Week is officially here! I’m currently in the Big Apple for a few shows, appointments, and brand meetings along with seeing with friends like Grace and Elle, attending the LIKEtoKNOW.it Book launch party. Bob is flying in tonight to meet me. Thankfully, he has work off on Monday so we can enjoy a long weekend together!
Where to stay for New York Fashion Week Spring 2019
My pick for NYFW? The Langham New York. We originally booked it because we’re huge fans of the Chicago location, but we also got incredibly lucky because its location is convenient to everything I’m attending. This will be my first time staying at the New York property, and I’m really looking forward to checking it out.
I’ll definitely keep you posted about the hotel! I know we’ll have a wonderful experience (we even booked a stay at another one of their properties for an upcoming vacation).
What shows I’m attending this season
Similar to previous years, I’ve kept my schedule fairly light. While I adore seeing the fashion on the runways, not to mention the people watching, Fashion Week is straight up exhausting. Seriously. I plan to attend the kate spade new york and MILLY shows (same as last year – see more here + here). While I wish I had time to attend other shows for which I received invites, I’m only here for a few days and also need to set time aside for individual meetings with brand partners. Speaking of kate spade new york, in honor of their new Creative Director, Nicola Glass, the brand release a capsule collection of their Spring 2019 accessories. Shop my favorites from this limited release below!
What to wear to New York Fashion Week
Thankfully, packing for NYFW was easier than ever! Both kate spade new york and MILLY are sending me outfits for their showsdirectly to the hotel. For the larger parties, I’m thrilled to be partnering once again with NET-A-PORTER. The selections they’re sending are glorious! I am BEYOND thrilled.
I’m also collaborating with a new-to-me brand, Audra. Their designs are created St. Louis (go Midwest!) and manufactured in NYC. Best of all, their autumn lookbook had me at hello. The styles are feminine, modern, sleek and sophisticated. I can’t wait to see the pieces in person!
Rounding out my outfits will be Mark Cross, one of the best American accessories brands. I absolutely adore all things Mark Cross – the craftsmanship of their pieces, their colors. and the designs are second to none! I never attend Fashion Week without one their styles at hand.
Beauty for New York Fashion Week Spring 2019
Lastly, I’m working once again with GlamSquad to do my hair for all of the shows and events. Their service is SO convenient, and their stylists are incredible. I first tried out their on-demand beauty services for the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic, and they were so fantastic! Beyond offering blowouts and updos, they also have other services including makeup, nails, etc. I highly recommend them!
Lastly, here are my Friday Charades for the week:
In My Shopping Cart
- I want Every. Single. Thing. My go-to dress brand never lets me down! Adore this bell sleeve style and sweater dress.
- The perfect bow flat – looks comfy and cute!
- Speaking of dresses, this apron dress is sleek and sexy. Also loving this color block version.
- Just got this lilac blazer in the mail. I love it even more in person.
- So thrilled about this L. Avenue Guayabera Dress by Paris Texas Apparel Co.! Congrats on the collab, Lynds!
- Obsessed with this ruffle striped dress and tweed dress. So good!
- I’m always on the hunt for great white tops. Adore this $39 version.
Some of my Favorite Links from Around the Web:
- If you love creating the perfect to-do lists, I highly recommend the app and website, Teux-Deux. They offer free trials before you have to pay for it. Bob and I share an account and LIVE for it.
- A candid post about anxiety and depression. I am beyond proud of Alyssa for sharing!
- How to stand out in the influencer space.
- Kit’s post about what to do in Notting Hill is so good!
- I love these end of summer vibes from Lucy.
- Ceta shares a hidden gem in Chicago. Caffeine included.
- Gah! Kelly and Mitch’s bathroom redo turned out so good!
- So many great tips from Liz on achieving the perfect brow!
- Grace and Becca mentioned Hitha on the Go’s packing lists on their podcast, Bad on Paper. They’re super helpful! I especially love this one for Napa and Los Angeles
- We’ve long considered a move to the suburbs (though not anytime soon), and I loved reading Mackenzie’s take on the topic.
Recently on Style Charade
- How to dress like Rachel Chu from Crazy Rich Asians
- Classic and customizable: the Tod’s My Gommino loafer
- All white after Labor Day with Chloé and Nordstrom
- A quick holiday sale roundup
- My favorite summer dress at a very Instagrammable Toronto location
Never miss a post – be sure to follow Style Charade on Bloglovin’!